ABOUT THE PLAY
California “Callie” Clarke; an undergraduate film student attending the university of her dreams. Only 50 students are accepted into Knox University’s Film program; 25 will be cut by the end of the first year. If that were not enough, the University’s tuition is far from cheap. In order to pay the high tuition, Callie gets in front of the camera as Norma Jeane, her internet porn persona. She juggles her life as Norma Jeane and as Callie trying to prove she belongs in the elite film program. When her identity as Norma Jeane is discovered, Callie decides to fight against the rampant slut shaming and prove the value of her art and body.
- CALIFORNIA CLARKE, “CALLIE”: She/Her, 18 years-old, white
- ALEXIS RAMIREZ: She/Her, 18 years-old, Latina
- JEWELS CRYSTAL GEM DIAMOND STONE: She/Her, mid-late 20’s, any race or ethnicity (not white). Note: The actor who plays JEWELS also plays ALICIA ATMAN
- PROFESSOR DENISE DANIELS: She/Her, late 20’s, white. Note: The actor who plays DENISE also plays NORMA JEANE (Callie’s mom)
- MARGO BURNS: She/Her, 18 years-old, white
- NORMA JEANE: She/Her, Callie’s mom, 21 years-old
- ALICIA ATMAN: She/Her, Film student, 18 years-old
- The Male Voices: We never see the men who voice, “The Male Voices.” Only two separate male voices are needed to be prerecorded.
- Workshop, Women's Theatre Alliance Chicago, May 2017
- Residency, 1 Co. Theatre NYC, September 2017
- Writers' Group, Chicago Dramatists, October - November 2017