ABOUT THE PLAY
Time travel is possible when there are stars and regrets. In 1942, Josie and Fran meet at their secret rendezvous point to talk of the stars, love, and their future together. However, their love is tested when Fran reveals that she is leaving to help the War effort with the WAAC (Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps). Josie, unable to move past her family’s painful history with war, deserts Fran and they never speak again until Josie hears of Fran’s death in the War. 28 years later, Josie, now a mother, receives a letter from a woman in London who found an old photo of her recently deceased mother and Josie together. The woman is Fran’s grown daughter, Annabelle. Josie sets off, leaving her daughter, life, and the present behind to revisit the past one more time as she attempts to fix her broken heart from 28 years ago.
- Present Josie:(She/Her, age late 40's). Exists in the time 1969 – 1970.
- Maddie:(She/Her, age early 20's). Josie’s daughter, exists in the time of 1969-1970. The actor who plays Maddie also plays all of 1930’s and 1940’s Josie.
- Annabelle: (She/Her, age mid 20's). Fran’s daughter, exists in the time of 1969-1970. The actor who plays Annabelle, also plays all of 1930’s and 1940’s Fran.
- Semi-finalist for Bay Area Playwrights' Festival 2020.
- Semi-finalist for Premiere Stages at Kean University 2020.
- Winner of the SETC 2020 Getchell New Play Award.
- Reading, South Eastern Theatre Conference, Feb. 28, 2020, Louisville, KY.
- Staged Reading, Tantrum East Theater, Feb. 2019, New York City, NY.
- Workshop, Jackalope Theatre Playwrights' Writing Group, Feb. - March 2019, Chicago, IL.