A GIRL NAMED CHARLIE
Charlie is finally the starting pitcher for the St. Joseph’s Wolves high school baseball team. Pitching is all Charlie wants to do. Pitching a no-hitter means control and all Charlie wants is control of that mound. But Charlie has a secret that makes her different from the rest of the boys on the field. Charlie is a girl who has been pretending to be a boy since childhood. When St. Joe’s welcomes Amy, an ace softball pitcher with the fastest pitch in their division as the first and only girl on the team, Charlie must now defend her place on the mound.
- - CHARLIE: She/Her, 17 years-old
- - ROBBIE: He/Him, 17 years-old
- - JACOB: He/Him, 17 years-old
- - AMY: She/Her, 17 years-old
- - MICHELLE: She/Her, 30's
- Staged Reading, Ohio University, 2016